World-class research universities are the incubators of scientific and technological discoveries. They are one of the essential drivers for the growth of innovation. In the Asia Pacific, there are a growing number of research universities that are ranked among the global top 100, and they are engaged in cutting-edge research that is vital to achieving the vision of creating innovation and entrepreneurship hubs in the region.
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is hosting the inaugural Asia-Pacific Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship Ecosystems (APCIEE) in partnership with the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and the University of Hong Kong (HKU) in December 2019. The conference aims at creating a venue for critical dialogues focusing on nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems and inspiring collaboration across disciplines, sectors, and geographies. Bringing together thought leadership and key stakeholders, the conference will bridge the knowledge gap between researchers, policy-makers, business leaders, university leaders, entrepreneurs and investors on the pressing issues of converting existing strengths of research universities into resources that catalyze innovation.
- Presidents’ Forum
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Entrepreneurship in Construction Industry
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Entrepreneurship in Health Care Industry
- Role of Research Universities in Innovation-led Economic Growth
- Making Innovation and Entrepreneurship Ecosystems Work
- Synthetic Biology and Bio-Economy
- Challenges and Opportunities of Entrepreneurship in the Greater Bay Area